Children’s books are among our biggest sellers and we are proud to work closely with local schools, students and parents. We aim to support all young readers and their families, from voracious readers to those needing some extra encouragement.
You can bring your school and university reading lists to usand we will provide details of availability and cost before you order. We have a wide range of study guides, homework assistance, language and reference books for all ages.
We carry Barrington Stoke books, which are designed to be more accessible to children with Dyslexia. Our non-fiction section for adults also includes books about supporting children’s learning.
The children’s section includes:
- New fiction for all ages
- Classic fiction
- Teen fiction
- Picture-flat and board books for ages 0-5
- Illustrated books, classic collections, poetry and gift books
- Books exploring nature and animals, the human body, science and space
- Books to encourage young artists, cooks, gardeners, athletes, scientists and writers
- Encyclopaedias, atlases and reference books
- School dictionaries and language books
- History and mythology
- Early learning and reading
- Spelling, grammar, times tables, verbal and non-verbal reasoning books
- Study guides for Key Stage 1, 2, 3, GCSE, A Level, and York Notes.
- Audio books on CD, and a selection of DVDs
- Where’s Wally, joke books and fun information compendiums